Tuesday, December 9, 2008

:: Viva Forever - Spice Girls ::

Do you still remember
How we used to be
Feeling together, believe in whatever
My love has said to me
Both of us were dreamers
Young love in the sun
Felt like my saviour, my spirit I gave ya
We'd only just begun

Hasta Manana,
Always be mine

Viva forever, I'll be waiting
Everlasting, like the sun
Live forever, For the moment
Ever searching for the one

Yes I still remember,
Every whispered word
The touch of your skin, giving life from within
Like a love song that I'd heard
Slipping through our fingers,
Like the sands of time
Promises made, every memory saved
Has reflections in my mind

Hasta Manana,
Always be mine.

Viva forever, I'll be waiting
Everlasting, like the sun
Live forever,
For the moment
Ever searching for the one

Back where I belong now,
Was it just a dream.
Feelings unfold, they will never be sold
And the secret's safe with me

Hasta Manana,
Always be mine

Viva forever, I'll be waiting
Everlasting, like the sun
Live forever,
For the moment
Ever searching for the one

I love this song alot. This song is kind of sad but I like it. Haha.. Sometimes when I listen to songs, I didn't really pay attention to its lyrics, and I will just enjoyed the music. However, I feel that I should start to take note of the lyrics and try to feel what the singer is singing, and the meaning behind of the song.

In my personal view, I feel that this song is about two friends or a couple who used to be very close, but one of them has left, and she is singing how she remember the good times they once shared, and how is she waiting for her friend/boyfriend to come back to her, and how she wished that she can live back those happy times again, but it seems impossible, because she sings about "how we used to be",  and it will be difficult to have back those times again. . . 

It takes years to build up a friendship, but it can just take a second to destroy it. Your wounds on your skin may heal, but the hurts inside will remained a scar forever. That's why we have to be careful with our words when we talk to people, and how we handle the friendship well. =) Friends are hard to come by. The whole of Singapore consists of 4.8 million people, and out of the 4.8 million people, 2 or 3 people have this opportunity to meet together. Isn't that amazing? (My heart is still bleeding when I recalled certain friendships) :'( However, people are not perfect in the first place too, but some people may just take it for granted. 

Haha.. So what's your view about this song? I guess different people will view differently. =)

Jurong Point Extension is opening tml! Hahaha.. Going with my siblings to go over there to walk walk.. =)

No comments: