Monday, October 20, 2008

:: Updates ::

Emo is the best word to describe me few hours ago, but I am pretty okay now after I share some stuff with Louisa after Service. Erm. . . Not really something very serious or bad, but something which everyone would long to have in their lifetime, not a bf/gf in this case, not something very big like our visions and dreams, but rather something simple - Friendship.

Friendship is the key which draws everyone together, like a group of atoms forming a molecule, the stronger the bond, the stronger the friendship. Sometimes I wonder, do I have a best friend in church? I would think for a very long time, but it seems that I just couldn't find the answer. (I need a brother to be my best friend because one of my love language is Physical Touch, so I would like to have a hug sometimes)

W421 are a group of very good friends that I have in church definitely. They are the best group of people to hang out with and fellowship with. However, somethings seems to be lacking between us. Maybe, I just haven found out any common topics that I would easily talk to them. Sometimes, I couldn't really catch the language they were talking about, and I feel so out of the world.

Dancing? Err.. No bah, the sun will rise from the west if Wei Ming likes dancing. K-boxing? Err.. Not really bah.. Wei Ming have no courage to sing. (Last time I sing with them machiam like talking to the mic) Haiz. . . Well, the only thing I think of is the common interest with Glenn and Louisa, because the 3 of us likes to make cards and gifts for CG while Louisa and I are more of having the "welfare" for the CG. We would be calling up each other to discuss what should we do for who, what surprises should we give, etc.

Louisa share with me that best friends need not to be find outside of CG, but it can be found within our CG itself. Si Hui and I talks quite easy too, but its the difference in gentle that set us apart(Not bias against sisters). I need time to understand Sharon better, because most of the time I look up to her as my CGL, like students looking up upon teachers in school. I can tell that she can be a very good friend, but I need more time to understand her. Hmm.. From what I know, she likes Smurfs, Soft-toys, Mango, Redhill Market Ice-Kachang? Also, I need more time to be close with Wei Jian, although we can talk easily to each other, but he's more of I look up to him as a spiritual brother to share things with and a counsellor. Hmm.. he love designing and have passion for youth? (However, that's not enough, I need more time to understand more of members' character and their language, not just their likes and dislikes)

You can see that I keep saying, more time, more time and more time, but hey, I have been in this CG for almost 2 years! We have been seeing each other for 52(weeks) x (2 - 1 CG, 1 Service) x 2 years already. That's about we have been seeing each other for about 208 times!! Isn't that more than enough time?? So when will it be? Till the second coming of Jesus Christ? Till our CG multiply and we don't really understand each other and wait till the next CG multiply and the cycle goes around again and again??

Set me into deep thinking, but will I do it? That's the other question. Is there a difference between understand members and having a best friend, I wonder?

Maybe, I shouldn't pin too much hopes of having a very best friend in church. Higher expectations will lead to a perfect friendship which is very impossible, because no one is ever perfect. Sometimes, we will do face disappointments from people if they didn't meet our needs, especially for a very sensitive person like me. Of course, I don't expect every single friends to meet all my needs, I am not some big shot of what, even Jesus Himself, not all His needs are meet by His disciples during His ministry days. I got to learn to give, to learn to take.

Wei Ming is gonna make an effort to understand his members now. =)

No comments: