Monday, October 27, 2008

:: The Boon Lay Friendship ::

I meet up with Joseph this morning to have breakfast together. It was a great time of fellowship and a time of catching up with each other lives. =)

I get to know Joseph earlier this year in May outside Marina Square on one of the Saturday nights after Service through Louisa. At first, I didn't really know him well because we didn't have each other contacts. Haha.. Very detail and precise right? =P It was only until after his BMT and before his OCS we started to hit off the friendship as we have each other's contact. Firstly, we are of the same zone (as of May 2008) and secondly, we stay at Boon Lay too. Travelling to Expo from Boon Lay was one of the most boring journey ever since CHC shifted there, so I will divided it into three stages. From Boon Lay to Redhill - Stage 1 (Before Tunnel). From Tiong Bahru to Lavender - Stage 2 (Inside Tunnel). From Kallang to Expo - Stage 3 (After Tunnel). Haha. . . So I thought, "Hey, maybe the journey to church won't be bored anymore." But so far we haven travel together, but soon it will.. Haha. . .

I want to treasure this friendship alot cuz he is someone who is very different from the people that I have known in church. He have this character in him that really draw friends to him, and I just couldn't explain it. Haha... He's one of the main reason why I look forward for my breakthroughs. Haha.. Is he so impactful in my life? I would say, "Yes". =)

Hearing his NS stories, I would think, I am really bless that I didn't go through this tough times during my NS. Some might say, "So are you trying to say that God love you more than Joseph?" Of course no man. =) God has a different purpose for us when He place His people. God never intend to make him suffer in OCS, but I believe that it is to make him to have a stronger character and a greater leadership. Really feel so him because it's not an easy journey to go through, if I am inside, I wonder what will happen to me. . . Haha. . . As I was blogging, it just remind me of one verse in 1 Cor 10:13 - "He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it." Similarly, God will not made us suffer what we can't take it. It is through this that will break us, mould us, shape us to be a great leader in God's Kingdom. Amen? =)

Joseph, you must Jia You k? =) Looking forward to address you as LTA Joseph in June 2009! Kelvin, you are included too.. ^^

All the best in your OCS Joseph, and a toast to our friendship!

No comments: