Sunday, April 13, 2008

:: Great Word ::

Today I went back to camp, for one purpose, to clear my extra. Haha.. Initially the work is to be end at 1p.m, but it end up till 4p.m. Was suppose to que up to book seats for my CG, but in the end I can't made it. Thanks Louisa for helping me to book, and those que-ing up in my absence as well. =)

Was very happy to have Ps. Kong back with us in CHC. I really love Ps. Kong as he's a great man of God. He dress so casual today, looks so youth, but he looks very smart and handsome. Haha.. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't fall for him. I love him as a brotherly love. Hahaha..

He shared a great word today, which really impacted me alot as it hits me. Well, my passion for prayer has drop again, and I have not been praying much for quite sometime. He mention about Jabez and Samson. Jabez pray for four things in his life, he prayed for his spiritual life to be blessed, he prayed that he will shine for God and to be a leader, he also prayed for God's presence and power to be with him, and lastly, he prayed to God to keep him away from evil and temptations.

On the other hand, Samson is a very talented person, but he did not have a good prayer life. He may be very influential in his marketplace, but however, he did not have a secret place with God, and thus, whatever things that he does is never good enough. His hair is very anointed, and when its cut away, the power of God is cut off from him, and he ended up living his life in a bad shape.

One thing Ps. Kong say was, Samson's hair can grow again, which means our passion for prayer can also grow again. Was quite impacted by this. (Some people might think that this is a good reason to find comfort to justify our emotions, but well, let it be whatever you guys wanna say. I don't mix with people like this) I am not perfect, but of course, that doesn't give me a license to do the things that I want to do. If you don't give room for people to make mistakes, make sure that you don't make either. No wonder such people are very selfish, cuz they don't want to share their room with others. (I find that I am quite evil to say such things. Haha.. ) But well, on the other hand, if people can say things to justify their thinking, what is the need of discipleship? It's something in our life that cannot be miss out. We need to trained up to be the future leaders of the church in this generation. Maybe, Ps. Tan sermon will come in at this point of time, the 9 principles that he have come out with. Anyway, back to topic...

Jabez had an unusual spiritual hunger for God, and that's why he can really shine for Him. He had a secret place with God. Having a secret place with Him and dwelling in His presence.. WoW..

Have set up a place specially in my room for QT. Maybe, I will upload the pics in my room soon. I have just finish "renovating" my room. Arrange some furniture and it look much more bigger, and had a special corner too, and that will be my secret place with Him. =)

No comments: