Sunday, January 13, 2008

:: Updates ::

I was on day off on Friday. Thank God that manpower can be cut down on that day, so that I can go for CG in the evening, as I was on night shift. Well, I was at home and I recieve a phone call from camp. I was still on my bed at that time and was quite reluntant to pick up the call, expecting the worst situation that could happen to me, being recalled back to camp due to someone reported sick. I picked up my courage to listen to the call. To my pleasant surprise, it was a good news! I was officially being promoted to CPL! Hahaa.. Praise The Lord! =) Later part in the afternoon, around 1 plus, I recieve a second call from the camp again, this time round, I start to wonder is it someone really report sick? Haha.. Thank God that it was another one who call and tell me that I am promoted and ask me to draw rank from the e-Mart later. Hahaa.. =)

CG was good. First CG of the year, and I thank God that I can go for it. I was quite worried when Sharon said that there will be more CG meetings in 2008. Well, of course I love to attend CG. However, I cannot go for it especially when I am on night shift, and I can't possiblily take day off or change shift with my friend every time. Some of my camp mates may be quite unhappy about this, just that they don't want to say out only. Friday is the favourite day for the youngsters, as the following day is a weekend and they love to go "chiong". I love to "chiong" too, to meet my wonderful CG members. Hahaha.. So, I pray that I can go for CG meetings at least 3 times a month bah. =)

Service was good too. Pastor Tan talks about "Forgiveness". Was very blessed by the message and it bring me to a deeper understanding about the topic. Forgiveness is not to be taken for granted, and we should treat it as we really mean it from our heart. Not saying things like, "Joke Joke only lah, don't cry lar. Sorry loh..". "Bible say we must forgive, so you must forgive me!". Surprise? Yepx.. Sadly but true. Most people do not understanding the meaning of forgiveness.

Here are some things which Pastor Tan shares about.
#1) Real forgiveness is unconditional
- We should forgive those who hurt us whether they asked for it anot. It should always be my iniative.

#2) Forgiveness does not minimize the seriousness of the offence.
- Learn to treat forgiveness with Respect!

Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death, Is the man who deceives his neighbor, And says, “I was only joking!”
- Pro 26:18 - 19

#3) Forgiveness isn't resuming a relationship without change.
- 3 things which we ought to do...
--> Repentance: We should know that we are in the wrong and we are willing to change.
--> Restitution: Restoring the pain, and the damage that you have done.
--> Rebuilding Trust: Trust can be destroy overnight, and it takes a long time to be rebuild. We don't have to trust a person immediately even we have forgiven the person.

#4) Forgiveness isn't forgetting what's happening.
- Yes, we should forgive and forget. However, it's most unlikely to forget what hurt you especially if that hurt is a huge blow to you. We can instead surrender our thoughts, our pains to God if it reoccur in our mind. We can chose to refocus on something else instead.

#5) Forgiveness isn't my right when I wasn't the one hurt.
- We should not represent anyone to forgive.
(This shock me because I often though that there is nothing wrong in this. This message was really an eye opener for me!)

* Life is 10% "what happened" & 90% how we react to it. *
What for chose to habour resentment and the bitterness in our heart? We have far more important things to do! If you don't forgive, the one that is hurting in the end is often we ourselves. So, why should we tortue ourself even more after we get hurt? Learn to forgive. =)

After service, we went over to Bugis Long John Silver to fellowship. Food was good, but the serving was quite small. I love the rice that has the black pepper sauce over it, and I remember the past Jurong West cafe Black Pepper Chicken Rice. Hahaa.. Now when I blog this, memories of how I used to serve in this ministry and it doesn't exist anymore. I really love this ministry alot as I love to serve people, and see their cheerful faces when they recieve the food from me. Serving in church is much more easier compare to the outside restaruant. You get to see their happy faces, and I get to see the familiar faces of my church mates too. Haha.. Anyway, in the midst of fellowshipping, I show my invisible "Golden Big Chain". Hahaa.. Yeah, I was a loan shark and go after members to collect CG funds. It was quite fruitful as alot of them gave faithfully, and some recieve their long awaiting claims too. Hahaa.. Well, I told Pascale that I wish to step down this position as a treasurer. Reason being I want to move on to new things. Hahaa.. Well, kind of being asked not to. Come to think it, I haven been doing much in this area in W421, so I guess that I will carry on with the task till CG mulitply in June.

Went over to Bugis Junction to walk walk. Was feeling abit emo as there are many thoughts in my mind. Especially in the area of finances. This month allowance isn't enough for me to last till my next allowance. Pray for a miracle and that I can have financial blessings or open doors. God, I pray that I will have more than enough, to bless and to save for my jobless days in June.

Next week is going to be a horrible week as I need to go to camp very early, almost everyday! Need to wake up very early which I don't really love to do it. May not able to go for Service too. Pray that my I/C Alvin can spare me off for one weekend duty. I want to hear the message and fellowship with my members! And of course, to meet God in the House.

No comments: