Saturday, January 26, 2008

:: Reflection ::

At some point of our life, we have to stop and reflect on what we did for the past few days, weeks, months or even years. If we did not stop and have some "self-reflection", we will not be progressing very well. Self-reflection is not necessary for a sinner, but however, its for everyone of us. Reflection, to look back to see where you have done wrong and correct it, to see how well you have done, and to improve on it. In life, we should be moving on glory to glory, and not just sitting down there, day dreaming for the previous mins and secs to pass you by. Of course, I don't mean that we have to 24 hours a day, 60 mins a hour, and 60 seconds a minute to think and reflection until we did not sleep or rest. The keyword in life is "Balance".

I had a short argument with one of my friend today. We was quarreling about some day off awards on CNY. He asked me to stop thinking about the good awards and I was arguing how we can ask for it. Time for self-reflection, was I right or wrong to say that? Am I wrong to think too much? Seriously, I have no idea. I don't mean to argue with him, but he keep on insisting that I should not "dream" too much, which irritates me. Haiz... Can't I just say something? Am I a stubborn person to think too much?

I don't dare to say that I am not in any fault at all. Just that maybe next time I should deal with how would I react. Pastor Tan once say this, "Life is 10% what happen and 90% how would you react to it". One situation can have many solutions to it, it is up to you how you want to deal with it. Maybe, I should have just talk to him like, "Ok, Yah.. I think too much le. Come, let's go change our clothes and go home." See, the outcome will be very much different.

Nevertheless, people will always like to comment/criticise you wherever you go. It can be good or bad. However, just leave to whatever people say, we can't control their mouth. (Unless we asked then to shut up?) We can chose to accept or reject their comments. We have our own life to live, and we have the right to make the choice that we want, to follow or not to what they say or suggest.

"Ignore the critics, and attempt the impossible!"

No comments: