Friday, March 20, 2009

::Happy 4th Anniversary with City Harvest Church ::

20.03.05 was the first time I stepped into City Harvest Church. When I stepped into the church, I was very overwhelmed by the auditorium, and I was quite amazed of how "big" the hall is when you look from outside the building is actually not that big. 

Thanks Phyllis for bringing me into church. =) When I responded to the altar call on that day, I was alone and I went down, because Phyllis's hand is on cast and she have difficulties in accompanying me to go down. Really appreciate her efforts in bringing me to church at the expense of having hand injury. I can still remembered a few of the brothers asked for my CG. I got mixed up and I tell them I am from W391. LOL. (CHC's latest CG at that time was only about 330 - 350 plus only) Haha.. They were quite puzzled and they thought I am joking. Haha.. 

It's a new journey for me. Making a lot of new friends in church and in CG. After Service, I went to have lunch with a few of the sisters. Pascale, Phyllis, Hui Juan, Gen was a few of them plus some others if I am not wrong. Haha.. I was like.. feeling quite uncomfortable and I thought of not coming anymore because there is just too much sisters in a CG or whatever it is called at that time when I have totally no knowledge about what is a CG. Haha.. I came again because I love the church Praise & Worship style. =) It's very happening and that's the place where I wanted to be. =) 

To be honest, my first main aim of responding to the altar call was not really to be "Saved". I went down is because I don't want to receive any calls from her asking me to come to church. (That is I don't know will she anot if I don't come back again - I am still unsure, not ready.)  As I have a very bad experience with MLM(I have blogged it a very long time ago) and right now, that particular CEO is under serious charges and it came out in the headlines in Jan/Feb this year. So I thought will church be like that? I was sitting at the musician terrace and I thought the ground floor portion is all those who are "high class" position, because they dressed very smartly. Haha.. BUT, on the second hand, I do believe that Jesus is the Lord and Saviour, as my friend has reached out to me when I was in Secondary 2. =) On the third hand, it is also because of some things that I shared with Phyllis before she invited me, and I tell her that I want to change. Therefore, I think it can neutralized with each other? LOL

One thing impacted me is what my Ministry Leader, Si Hui said to us during a debrief. "It doesn't matter how you start, but it's always on how you end. People may start to do things for God with many different motives, "serve because the ministry is fun", "serve because my CGL asked me to serve in a ministry", "serve for God's blessings", "serve for others to see", etc. However, as all of us start to serve longer in the ministry, we will have ONE common purpose, we all serve is because we love God. =) So although I may respond different in a way, I believe that right now, I am NOT making a wrong choice to choose to be with God. ^^

Entry is quite long already. Shall blog more about my work in the next entry. Good night! =)

No comments: