Wednesday, December 17, 2008

:: Love ::

Recently I have not been doing well spiritually, I didn't pray often and my mind was occupy by things which is not correct before God. It was like a journey to hell. I can choose to react differently, however I choose the latter. All because I was let down by someone, I feel lost, I feel disappointed, and I hurt God in the end. I blame the person in my mind, blaming him/her that I choose this path is because of what he/she do to me. I know some might say, "Why did you hurt God? God didn't make you sad what? Why must you hurt Him? It's your friend who have hurt you!"

True.. Many a times we hurt God in the end for the things He did not do. People backslide because of some unhappiness in the church, people leave church because he/she was let down by some leaders or members. But have they(including me) know that God is really innocent? He is not part of the unhappiness and argument. Why do they choose this path? 

This morning when I woke up, I was reminded by a powerful word, "Love". I didn't think too much about it, and I just hurried off to work. I just thought of how and what should I do? My mind was drifting in the sky, finding some place to land. . .

I was asked to go to Ministry Of Manpower to run some errand during lunch hour today. Therefore, I didn't settle my lunch near my office. I came across this place call "Breakthrough Cafe" and I decided to settle my lunch there. When the food arrived, I notice this piece of paper on the table, and then I get to know that this cafe is special because all the workers there are ex-offenders. They were given a second chance through a christian ministry that helps them back to re-integrated back to the society, to be the salt and light in the workplace. The people there are very friendly and they served the customers with a smile. 

I look around the shop as I was quite curious. I have never been to a christian cafe before. (I once work in a cafe in NUS. It played Future and Cross album by CHC but its not a christian cafe at all. Haha..) Anyway, I love the atmosphere at the Breakthrough Cafe and I took my time to enjoy the coke that I ordered. 

I saw this painting on the wall, and this is what the painting says. . . 
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself"
- Luke 10:27

I was surprised when I see this painting. Is God trying to tell me something? I believe that God is trying to speak to me about loving Him all over again. . .

From this verse alone, we can see that loving God is not just merely but what you confess or by what you say. Once we make a decision to follow Jesus and to love Him, God requires four things from us. 

#1) All your heart
#2) All your soul
#3) All your strength
#4) All your mind

He wants our heart, soul, strength and our mind. Notice that God speaks about "All". All means 100%. It means everything of us. He didn't say 50% or a partial of our heart, soul, strength and mind. He wants our All.

Meaning to say that even when I am . . .
- Being disappointed or let down, He still wants All of my Heart.
- Feeling lost or don't know what to do, He still wants All of my Soul.
- Tired or having no energy to do anything, He still wants All of my Strength.
- Being occupied by the busyness of life, He still wants All of my Mind.

Let this be a test to us if we really love God. Of course, there are some other things which require to keep in our mind too. Such as keeping His commandments, etc. However, I believe that this is the basic requirements that God has for us to love Him, because of the decision we make at the altar call. =)

Special thanks to Shing who share about "A Pure Heart". Go to her link 
http://shingology.blogspot.com to read more. It's really awesome! =) Some of her things that she share came to let me have this revelation too. 

Hope you are bless! =) Off to do something! ;)

No comments: