Tuesday, February 26, 2008

:: Love ::

What is love?

- Love is desire to give, without expecting the other person to give back.
- Love is accepting people for who they are.
- Love is a wonderful feeling.
- Love is selfless.
- Love is forever.

Why do I talk about love in this entry? Well, basically I find myself that I have not been having the spirit of loving recently. Due to a particular incident happen in my camp last Friday, I have been quite angry with that guy. On Saturday after Service, I share with Wei Jian about this. Initially, I don't really want to open up, but still, I share with him. I told him that I don't hate that guy, but I dislike him. What confuse me was, he said that isn't the same? Can I love a person but dislike him/her at the same time? Someone please counsel me. . .

I still did not let go completely, letting go bit by bit, until today, I feel better when I bump into that guy in camp. We still got laugh abit during our conversation. Strange huh? Just a few 48 hours ago I treat him like a enemy but today was quite different. Maybe, I have choose to let go of this incident. Firstly, he does not know God, that's why he don't know where to seek for comfort when he's hurt, where to seek for "attention", to get people to know him. Everybody needs attention, just that he choose the wrong way to get.

All changes my mind because of this verse...

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
- 1 John 3:11

Well, it doesn't really helps when people talk to me how we should love everyone, especially when you are seriously hurt. We should care for the person first, and not just preach how we should do this and that, how we should not do this or that. Well, every Christians know that they have to love, because that is what the bible says and that is what God expect us Christians to do so. However, as what the Pastor always say, "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care!".

Not trying to pin point anyone out there. It's just that I feel that we should learn to care for people in a right manner. Maybe in a right place, right timing, and of course, the right words! Hahaa..

Thanks Pearly for what you wrote on your blog too. It help me to open up my mind more to God's love... =)

On another side... I bump into Q on Sunday evening.. Q was my secret lover.. Hahaa.. I was shy and I look down.. Well, that was not a real genuine love.. But, my heart and mind just keep on thinking about Q, I think God is jealous.. Well.. Hahaa.. I should really let go of some "love" too, not just letting go of pains.. Hehee.. =P

No comments: